Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Here we go...

After anxiously awaiting a call from the agency, Christian Family Care called yesterday to say we should be expecting a call from our caseworker sometime next week. Awesome! What's even more awesome is that she actually ended up calling last night and we have our initial assessment meeting tomorrow afternoon! That was fast! ;)

She sounded very nice and I was impressed with how fast she got us on her calendar! I am so nervous, mostly because I have no idea what to expect. We've never done this before!

In other news, we've given out lots of baby bottles! Yay! If you wanted one and haven't gotten one yet, we will do our best to get it to you! This week is jam packed with birthday plans but I'm hoping next week will slow down considerably and I can run a few bottles around town. :)

We are so thankful for your support, we could not continue on this road without it and Josh and I are completely blessed by how many have offered prayers and encouragement.

We are praising God for the answers to prayer this week; a great response to our first fundraiser, getting an appointment with the agency, and getting a nice caseworker (so far anyways!).

Now we are praying that our appointment tomorrow goes really well and we can officially begin the the very long homestudy process. Please pray that things will work out in God's timing and He will give us (especially me!) patience through this whole thing.

We'll keep you posted, thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Lisa had posted a link to your blog on fb, so I've been catching up on what's happening in your life. I will be praying for you guys. So many trials and ups and downs in life, but God's love and faithfulness is evident in your writing. I know that God is preparing the birth mom right now for you guys as well as preparing you and your family to welcome a new little life. Sometimes waiting is the hardest! If we weren't in Africa, I would totally save my change for you, but seeing as distance isn't condusive to that, know that I'm praying for you guys in your journey. Sharon Peterson Rix (from Fellowship)

    ReplyDelete