Thursday, October 20, 2011

December Fundraiser!

Click image to enlarge


And now for a brighter post. :) My last one was a little heart-wrenching, but I pray you will allow some heart-wrenching posts now and then. I think those of you who know me, know I am not a dweller on the sad. I don't mope around and I honestly don't feel the harsh sting of the pain I have experienced very often. But once in awhile it sets in, and I think it is just as important for people to know that sometimes I hurt as it is for people to know that I am truly, completely okay. The Lord is so close and comforting, and has allowed a peace that passes all understanding to cover me each day. So thank you for your continued prayers not only during our adoption journey but in the midst of the pain of losing Lily and our other pregnancies, because though we have moved forward and are so excited about adding a child to our family through adoption, we will always have moments where our losses hit us. And that's okay!

So on to the brighter post! I am so excited to officially announce our December Adoption Fundraiser!!! It was originally going to be a Yard Sale, but this opportunity was too good to pass up so we will be pushing the yard sale back to January (Yikes my garage will be overflowing! I hope haha!).

My dear sweet cousin Lisa who owns a beautiful photography business called Mood Photography has offered to host a day of mini-sessions before the holidays and donate ALL of the proceeds to our Adoption Fund!!! Lisa is an adoptive mama herself, she has four gorgeous biological children and two precious children adopted from China. She has a passion for the blessing of adoption and has been incredibly supportive to me during our walk!

Lisa is responsible for the majority of our family pictures and professional pictures of the kids that you've seen floating around facebook and here on my blog actually! She is so talented and seriously one of the kindest souls on earth! She WILL get your kids to smile and be comfortable, and that is a feat in itself sometimes!

Anyways, I am posting the flyer she has beautifully made up for this fundraiser, and I encourage you and ask you to pass along the info! The details are as follows:

We will be hosting a "Mini-Session" photography day on Saturday, December 3rd, at Sahuaro Ranch Park in Glendale, Az. You can call, email, or contact Lisa through her website (moodphotographyaz.com) to book your Mini-Session for either the morning or the afternoon. You are also welcome to contact me and I will help you set it up! As the date gets closer, we will be giving out your actual session time. Sessions will last 20 minutes and include a CD of all edited images with copyright release. The cost of each session including your CD is $65, and ALL of the proceeds from this Mini-Session Marathon will go to our Adoption Fund!!!

This is a huge gift that Lisa is giving us and we are so thankful for it! I hope you all will take advantage of a great opportunity to get those family pictures done at a great price and for a great cause (bringing our little one home!!!).

Other ideas for these Mini-Sessions include:

Christmas card photos!!!
Baby/Infant shots
Engagement Photos
Maternity Pics
Senior Pics
Empty Nester "When was the last time we took professional pictures together?" pictures! ;)
Gift for mom, dad, grandma or grandpa of all the grandkids together!!!
Just Because!!!

The pictures you see above were taken at Sahuaro Ranch in just one of the very cool locations they have for pictures, including a barn, an antique house/porch, rose gardens, corn fields, grassy areas and benches, and so many more! It is a great and unique spot.

Please oh please pass along the info, and if you are interested, book your session immediately! There are a limited number of spots and we are hoping to fill them ALL!

Thank you Lisa and thank you everyone for getting the word out about this next exciting fundraiser to bring home the littlest Harrison. :)

Click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment